Monday, October 11, 2010

I Don't Know Where YOU are...All I Know is I Need YOU to be...HERE with ME

Ello Baykahs!
HAPPY PINK WEEK!!!

What is PINK WEEK? Every year during the 2nd week of October we decorate ALL of our cupcakes PINK and donate 10% of ALL cupcake sales to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Foundation!
Breast cancer (and CANCER in general) has been hitting WAY too close to home for me this year...and I LOVE that we can do our part by making and selling cupcakes!! (I even dyed my faux hawk pink...that is my FAVORITE PART!)

*FULL DISCLOSURE: I've had pink hair for only a day so far, and you wouldn't BELIEVE the stares I get outside of the bakery...I'm used to that just having my hair the way it is normally, but people react VERY STRANGELY to the pink...and don't talk to me as much...walk in the other direction...WEIRD.

So, THIS is PINK WEEK, but last week? WEDDING WEEK. 10-10-10 was one of our BIGGEST wedding days of the YEAR, and we had about 10 times the wedding orders we normally do...BUT since we did a lot of small wedding towers with cupcakes we didn't have a TON of pics for the blog...BUT we had one tower that MADE NEWS: Andre Agassi's Foundation for Education cupcake tower!!!

YES! We we honored to provide cupcakes for the auction preview event for Andre Agassi's 15th annual Grand Slam for Education! We made 200 cupcakes and 200 minis for the event that previewed all of the AMAZING items up for auction to support his charter school here in Las Vegas.

*Full Disclosure: Did we MEET Andre? NO. BUT Retro was included in his THANK YOU from him in the Review Journal newspaper...RIGHT BETWEEN RED BULL AND SAKS. AHAHAHAHAH! Red Bull, RETRO BAKERY, SAKS??? I couldn't believe it...our little bakery in between two of the BIGGEST companies in the U.S. (YES, I know it's alphabetical...but still...). I have been a fan of Andre's since MIDDLE SCHOOL, and he has done SO MUCH for this town...the LEAST I could do was give them some CUPCAKES!!

SO, after we set up the Agassi event we dove HEAD FIRST into WEDDING ORDERS! And HERE THEY ARE!

The CUPCAKES/CAKES O' the WEEK:

Cupcakes and cake for @msrib : (picture courtesy of HER twitter!):


True Love Never Dies cake (to top a cupcake tower):

Married in FABULOUS Las Vegas cake:


50th Anniversary cake:
And the BIG DADDY of them ALL: The HATTER CAKE

*Full Disclosure: this cake was actually for 10/06/10 for the HATTER wedding...GET IT?? Such a cool idea!

Love is STILL in the air in Las Vegas, Baykahs...you can feel it. THOUSANDS of couples saying their vows and feelin' LUCKY in LOVE...it's one of the things that I love BEST about Las Vegas: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE HERE.

Laytah.

ADDED on 10/13: Here's The Lucy Show! Lucy gives YOU a tour of the cupcake case on PINK WEEK!

No comments: