Friday Greetings!
As I type, our SPIKE TV order of 50 boxes of four cupcakes is rollin' down the freeway!
*FULL DISCLOSURE: Brian is STUCK in traffic, and he's a little late, but Vegas traffic on a FIGHT WEEKEND FRIDAY is tough....maybe even tougher than an ACTUAL UFC FIGHT.
Either way, Spike ordered these long ago, and I'm so thrilled to be able to do it again!
Retro HEARTS Spike TV!
So much for the slow week...the phone has been RINGING off the hook today for orders for next week. Looks like people are finally realizing that Christmas is coming (they must have seen their gooses getting FAT...That one goes out to MY brother, who taught me that song a LONG time ago). I've been wondering when people would figure it out. It's always tough when Thankgiving is late.
We're also slowly but surely getting orders for pies and COOKIES! That's right: COOKIES. I test baked some FABULOUS sugar cookies awhile back, and we're goin' for it! We're offering cookies 2 for $1 on the week of Christmas (or by special order) with OUR buttercream on top. I'll have cinnamon, vanilla, and mint in the case OR you can request your buttercream choice on the cookie (just ASK!). If it goes well, then cookies may just be the next cupcake...
YEAH, RIGHT!
They will NEVER replace my Retro cupcakes, but they will make a fabulous addition to our case.
What ELSE would make a fabulous addition? A cotton candy maker! No, not to Retro, but to your gift list!
It's today's gift I would love to GET OR GIVE! I'm sure they're everywhere, but I found THIS one at Home Theater Express, and as you can see, it's ON SALE! I think cotton candy is probably the perfect food: low in calorie, high in sugar and taste, and you get to lick your fingers! What more do you want???Oh, you're not into cotton candy? Are you like Brian? He can't STAND the texture...Then for you I suggest: an ICE CREAM MAKER!!
It's a little higher in calories and price, but it'll satisfy your NON-cotton candy loving friends. And, it's also from Home Theater Express.*FULL DISCLOSURE: I am in NO WAY paid to talk about or endorse any product. This is just me talkin' about stuff I love, so I'm not sellin' out. 180/360 had a fantastic post about bloggers, and it hit home a little. So, I just wanted to be clear. NO money is being made in this blog...just FRIENDS...and maybe enemies, who knows.
Laytah.
3 comments:
See...all you have to do is mention the word "slow" and look what happens!
It seems we may see a streak of people putting disclaimers on their mentions of products because of 180/360's post... It's definitely sparked some angry comments on her site.
I've been thinking about your sugar cookies for the past couple days, craving them... I think I'm just craving cookies in general! Glad business is picking up though!
And thanks for the link to the Home Theater Express site... Now I have all kinds of popcorn gadgets I want! :-)
I feel bad I've not been to visit your site/shop in quite awhile - but thanks for the shout out nonetheless and your disclaimer. :)
I love cookies, especially sugar cookies, so I think we will have to stop by and get some this coming week. And I'm thrilled to hear that business is going so well!
Post a Comment