
I've been test baking all Labor Day weekend. I thought I had our menu perfected, but wouldn't you know, I didn't count on "topping sogginess!" So, I had to nix two GREAT menu items because cereal just can't "hang."
However, I did come up with two ideas, one completely original, here's a hint: IHOP. Then I did a take on America's favorite sandwich...These have not been tested by the ultimate "yeah/nay guy," my husband, Brian, but I think we're in the clear with these new bad boys.
On the paperwork side:
We did submit our paperwork to the realtor to get the lease going, so big news there. We'll hear back from them within a couple days, I would think. Then it's off to the lawyer's office for an, "ALL CLEAR FOR CUPCAKES!"
Next step is becoming an LLC, tax id stuff, licensing with city, state, and USA, then actually signing the lease, getting contractors, harping at the contractors to stay on budget, getting the contractors to work, ordering furniture and appliances, picking and ordering packaging, getting business cards and menus printed, getting multiple inspections by the health department and the fire department, ETC, ETC, ETC.... YIKES! It seems totally overwhelming, but once one thing is off the checklist, the checklist ACTUALLY does get smaller! Imagine that.
Until next time, bakery wannabees!
Above is a peek at today's newest creation.
I'm out.
No comments:
Post a Comment