Monday, March 21, 2011

You're My FIRST...My LAST...MY EVERYTHING...

Ello Baykahs!!!

This is a first: I HAVE A GIVEAWAY!

WHAT? You've become one of those people that give SH*T away on their blogs instead of just blogging for pleasure? ARE YOU forgetting that the internet was made for the FREE exchange of ideas NOT the fostering of the corporate agenda???

*FULL DISCLOSURE: OK. I know that I have NEVER EVER EVER had a giveaway on my blog simply because I didn't want to be BIAS in ANY WAY towards any company or any product, BUT this is just a tiny little giveaway that supports one of my favorite things of ALL TIME: THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK.

OK. What is it??

My GIVEAWAY is.....

$10 to HSN!!

That's it? $10?

Yup. HSN contacted me "and 50 other bloggers" to help promote their HSN Cooks Spring Weekend Event presented by Bon Appétit on March 26-27. I'm here creating "an online BUZZ" about their event....

ARE WE BUZZIN' YET??

*FULL DISCLOSURE: I love HSN, AND I REALLY love products and gizmos and gadgets...even MORE when they are sold on TV. But I ESPECIALLY love that it's the "HSN COOKS Spring Weekend" featuring all their RAD chefs that have cookware and products you can buy directly from your HOME...because as you all know I am not the girl who has time to shop anymore, so the easier it is for me to get stuff...the BETTER.

*FUN FACT: When I was younger (and older) I REALLY wanted to be a host on HSN...

I know $10 isn't THAT rad...BUT I thought it'd be rad to SHAKE THINGS UP a bit on this blog...and support chefs who happen to have killer restaurants in Vegas...so I can get YOU to fly to Vegas to visit them and ultimately come visit RETRO and support ME. See how that works?

So, now that I'm all jacked up about the HSN Cooks Spring Weekend Event presented by Bon Appétit on March 26-27, how to I get my hands on the $10 gift card to HSN?

Well, Baykahs, leave a comment on THIS blog post, and I will RANDOMLY select the winner when I receive the gift card in the mail (any day now), BUT, you can't WIN without the comment because HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW WHO TO PICK OTHERWISE??

*FULL DISCLOSURE: I really will pick randomly...BUT, a sarcastic/snarky/funny comment will probably sway my choice...

*EVEN MORE FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm sure this will be the last time I'm asked to promote anything, since I don't sugar-coat my thoughts...but, it was fun while it lasted.

Enough corporate promotion!!! Let's promote a MOM AND POP shop like RETRO BAKERY! Take a look at the CUPCAKES/CAKES O' the WEEK!


Butterfly cupcakes:


St. Patrick's Day Married in LV cake:

INPSIRED-BY Playhouse Disney GEARS cake:

Polka dot flower cake (LOVE THIS ONE):

Biggest Topsy-Turvy EVER cake:


The doggie birthday cake (she likes tennis, video poker...and her her dog. SO CUTE):

That's it, Baykahs. If you want a FREE $10 from HSN post a comment NOW, and I'll let you know if you're the lucky ducky winner...whenever I get the card in the snail MAIL.

Laytah.


OOPS! I forgot to mention that you might want to leave your EMAIL address (or at least a way to get a hold of you) IN your comment, since I need to get a hold of you IF you Fn WIN. DUH. ROOKIE MISTAKE...

AND I'm taking comments until NEXT SUNDAY, 3/27, and announcing the winner in the NEXT blog on Monday, 3/28.

LOOK HOW OFFICIAL I AM!!

THIS JUST IN: I just received the gift card at 9 am...so IT'S ON! COMMENT AWAY!!!


18 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you used RAD in your blog. Way to keep things 80's retro! Your the best Kari. Love your cakes!!

MelissaC said...

I have been reading your blog since the beginning and am very excited for your progress. It is inspiring!! Keep up the good work!
melissamcalvin@gmail.com

MelissaC said...

I have been following your blog from the beginning and am very inspired by your progress. Keep up the good work!

Abby U said...

I don't think you are going corporate with a give-away! Nothing wrong with being able to share your love of the HSN with your peeps!!

Mandy said...

Love love LOVE your cakes and cupcakes! Everytime I'm in Vegas, I always order from your store. Keep up the awesome work! Will hopefully try out some different flavors SOON! ajflesher@hotmail.com

stacie said...

ok FULL DISCLOSURE... I NEVER win these things but i try EVERY time i see one! so i will comment now and anxiously await word that i won, then find out i probably didnt and end up drowning my sorrows in a maple bacon cupcake from my fav bakery RETRO!

Sondra said...

You and your cupcakes are the best thing to happen to Vegas since Donny and Marie.

I lied. You're way better than Donny and Marie.

SugarCrush said...

Kari you should throw in a RAD Retro Bakery t-shirt to the mix...or even better, sweeten the deal with some Retro cupcakes ;) Now that's a giveaway!

Laurie Russo said...

Love the butterfly cupcakes, and you're spot on with that white polka dot cake. Too cool for words!!

Jenn (Cookies Cupcakes Cardio) said...

I absolutely LOVE your polka dot flower cake. It is so stunning...and classic. Love the classy black and white combo.

RockerJewlz said...

What the heck, I'M game! Count me in. It's fun seeing a different icing shape on those butterfly cupcakes.

Danielle said...

I will take $10 to HSN - hey, in the grand scheme of things, it's more than we had before!! :)
danielle dot ran at hotmail dot come

MizCreativelyMe said...

i've never been to Vegas & would love to take a trip JUST to taste cupcakes from RETRO! wished you guys shipped them out b/c they look sooo tasty! oh well, until i make it there, i'll just sniff the computer screen & dream :P

Simonette said...

I was blog hopping by clicking on "next blog" and then I found this! Lucky there's a giveaway, though I'm not sure if I'm qualified and I've NEVER won! Anyway, I LOVE the way you disclose information. You promote them without any bias!haha ;-) it's as if you're not even promoting, just ranting about it haha!

i love the cakes on your blog, i wanna taste each of them!! <3

Emily Trevillian said...

I need a new GreenPan from HSN, and I sleep in the Retro Bakery t-shirt you gave me on my honeymoon. Can I have the $10 gift card?

XOXO,
Emily

Marnie said...

very cool! just found your blog as I am coming down to LV in May and looking to get cupcakes made for my partners b-day! definitely going to go with Retro Bakery...I will be in contact soon about it :) thanks!!
marnie_boers@hotmail.com

KARI GARCIA said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MANDY!!! You are the WINNER of the HSN GIFT CARD!! Please email retrobakery@hotmail.com with your mailing address ASAP, and I'll get it to you!!!!

Jane the Cupcake Ideas Girl said...

This is one fantastic Bakery Blog..
Great job gang. I love it.

Would love to do a review on you and link you up on our Cupcake Ideas site.

Love and Peace to you.

Jane The Cupcake Girl:)