Sunday, February 8, 2015

Cuz I Know How it is...Go and Handle Your Biz...

Ello Baykahs-
I've been BUSY...SHOCKER....but what that means is that when I'm busy we really aren't THAT busy with cakes. HENCE, there hasn't been much action on this blog...BECAUSE I DON'T MAKE THE CAKES...and this blog has kinda become the "LOOK AT THE CUTE CAKES I DIDN'T MAKE" blog.

No matter how many times I say it...people still think it is me making those beautiful cakes. And, while I would LOVE to take the credit (and I do design SOME) it is the artistry of Kim Chew and Brian (and sometimes Purple) that make the cakes happen. I just get to OOH and AHHH and say..."UH, is the SUPPOSED to be that shade of blue?" I'm really just a cake WATCHER. But, there is ONE cake I look forward to designing every year: RETRO'S BIRTHDAY CAKE.

IT'S THAT time of year again!!!! Retro Bakery is turning 7 years old on Tuesday, February 10. And this time...I really can't believe it.

7.

7?

I have been making cupcakes for seven years.

IT really is crazy when you think about it....One day I just DECIDED I wanted to open a bakery. I didn't know JACK SH*T about commercial baking or running a business. I just knew that I could do it. It really was the ONE THING I have ever decided that I never even hesitated. I never had ONE DOUBT about it. It was just "We are opening a bakery."

And then we did....

Retro was born in 2008. It's been a crazy, wild, exhausting ride that I cannot believe I am still on...but I'm not surprised. I knew Retro would succeed. I knew we would make it. I just didn't know the amount of WORK it would take to keep it all together. But here we are...seven years later.....with a crew of 9...and a couple extra pounds of cookie dough weight.

Our party is Tuesday...there WILL be free mini cupcakes...and stickers...and LOTS of fun...and a SUPER CUTE CAKE.

Speaking of super cute cakes...
HERE are the CAKES O' the WEEKS:


 Minnie Mouse inspired birthday cake:

Married in Las Vegas wedding cake:

 Wedding dress wedding cake:

Cheetah bling baby shower cake:

Comic Book birthday cake:

Punk Rock baby shower cake:

And the most adorable cake of the week: 
The baby giraffe birthday cake

Seven years, Baykahs...that's a LOT of buttercream....and a lot of tears...and a lot cookie dough....and a LOT of cake watching in between.

Hope to see you Tuesday if you're in VEGAS....

Laytah

4 comments:

Lainie said...

Missing your posts!

Unknown said...

I think the things you covered through the post are quiet impressive, good job and great efforts. I found it very interesting and enjoyed reading all of it...keep it up, lovely job..
birthday cakes for kids Glendale

Anonymous said...

Good site.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY RETRO !!!