A little update on our first Monday being OPEN at Retro yesterday:
One word: SLOW.
It was to be expected...We had to cut advertising a bit, since we put Retro in the "Holiday Guide" that went "valley wide" (so we could reach more customers). We had to stop our weekly ad in the smaller paper, so we could pay for it. SO, that lead to us not being able to announce our new hours change until January (when we'll start advertising again). The hour change was purely announced via internet/email. However, people did come. People were happy. It'll pay off, I know it (it already did with that FABULOUS Sunday).
The best part? NEW people came, and that's always good. SPREADIN' the word one person at a time. Retro is really a grassroots effort (or ROCKroots, since we're in the desert).
Speaking of the DESERT:
The wind blew in Winter last night. At around 6 p.m., the wind kicked up and hasn't stopped since. Temperatures have dropped to "normal" (we've been enjoying some unusually warm temps lately), and I'm SO excited. It NOW feels like Christmas time. In fact, they say it could SNOW here on Sunday...just in time for the Christmas picture. But, I have just jinxed that by even MENTIONING it, so I won't get my hopes up...
Speaking of my hopes:
I've been feeling very weird lately. 'Tis the season to be jolly, I know. But it's been harder this year...maybe because it was too warm (that's been fixed), maybe it's because I'm working 90-100 hours per week, maybe it's because I feel a little detached from the family lately (that's being fixed with Sundays, I hope). I can't pinpoint it, but I think it's tied in with Retro and slow sales...
BUT: This is the year of HOPE, so I'll start focusing on that and maybe kick this mood.
I hope for a bright future for Retro.
I hope for a successful future for America.
I hope my children remain blissful.
I hope my sanity comes back.
How's THAT for a Christmas list!
Speaking of Christmas lists:
It's time for my Gift to Get or Give for today!
It's SMENCILS!
Guaranteed to please your 3 to 10-year-olds on your list (I know this from personal experience), Smecils are pencils with SCENT! Abbi and Lucy have been wanting these all year. They sell them at the school store, but they've been sold out for MONTHS. THAT'S how popular they are. If you don't have a CLUE what to get a kid...get a SMENCIL (I found them online at amazon.com)!Abbi and Lucy MAY find them under their tree...if their mom has time to shop online sometime before Christmas!!!
Laytah.
2 comments:
i can attest to the smencils trend...my kiddies love them...and i am also so happy that winter finally arrived...it is one of the things i miss most about living in California...i love winter and we just dont get much of one here...oh well...i will have to get in soon and taste the peppermint bark cupcake and i am sure that will put me right in the winter spirit
Twelve year olds too!, since mine wants Smencils in his stocking for Christmas!
Post a Comment