I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even have time to check my email, let alone BLOG! So, I apologize for the absence.
This week has been a whirlwind of SNOW, Christmas crazy people (that's ALL I will say about that), and last-minute orders for Friday...but now, I finally have a little TIME to catch my breath.
You see, I'm sitting in a quiet bakery patiently waiting for my delivery from my bakery supplier. I was here at 4:30 to fill an order for the high school teachers at a local high school (I will NOT say their name, it's a surprise for them!!). But, now that everything has been decorated and packed in a small SUV, I can collect my thoughts and sip slowly on my GLORIOUS iced coffee (I STILL don't care if it's 34 outside; my coffee will be ICED).
Retro has been doing great this week (last week NOT SO MUCH), but I KNEW people would realize Christmas was closer than they thought...and they have called and come in wanting to wish their loved ones, staffs, secretaries, WHOMEVER a Merry RETRO Christmas! So, that's been great. In fact, their orders have been piling up so high for THIS Friday that I had to switch my haircut to TODAY!! I know it sounds stupid, but I started to panic. I NEED time to get my hair cut!!! My hair is MY HAIR...and it NEEDS to be cut every four weeks or it becomes a SHAG instead of a fauxhawk...we can't have that, especially on CHRISTMAS!
Speaking of Christmas, I got a card in the mail from my Grammy yesterday that I wasn't supposed to open, but I forgot and opened it any way. It was the best gift ever: a clean house from a cleaning company. Gram is teaming up with my mom to give me a clean house to come home to, because she doesn't want me to work "all the time." I SO needed to hear those words, because I had just come home feeling SHELL SHOCKED from a day that I WILL NOT talk about, and I just needed to hear that people care about me...and they want to take care of me...and have me not work so hard. I literally burst into tears while I was reading it. It was the most thoughtful gift I could ever get. So, I thank you, Grammy and Sudie. It means so much that you care about me and my well being. Actually, our entire family thanks you.
So THAT, my Baykahs, is my GIFT TO GET OR GIVE for today: HOUSECLEANING. I know you know someone who is as frantic as me...so give them a break with some Merry Maids!
My GIFT TO GET OR GIVE for yesterday?
I may be behind on this one, but it's my FAVORITE thing in my makeup case (which only consists of eyeshadow, mascara, and CHAPSTICK). So, here it is: SHIMMER CHAPSTICK!
I'm not a lipstick gal. I'm a CHAPSTICK gal. But, this is a happy medium!! I have a little shimmer now...when I need to feel "fancy" (told you I was low maintenance...at least when it comes to clothes and makeup).Last year it was peppermint...this year SHIMMER. What WILL they come up with next???
I HEART Chapstick.
I HEART being able to sit in quiet...with nothing but the sound of my fingers hitting the keyboard....it beats any Christmas song I can think of.
Laytah.
3 comments:
That is a great gift, your Grammy and Mom deserve huge kudos for that. In fact, I want to give them a huge hug just for giving you the gift of having that burden lifted from your shoulders!
I don't own any lipstick at all. I'm a lip balm girl... I think I have about 8 tubes of Burt's Bees open around my house.
I have been feeling so overwhelmed like I'm going to explode lately, too many things on my plate. But then, it sounds like if I come visit the bakery I'll be in the way of all the business! :-)
you KNOW you're always welcome at Retro!! Just know that you might end up covered in buttercream since we're so busy!!
that is a great gift. id love that gift. its amazing how much stress and anxiety can come from a not so clean house.
im a lip balm girl too. Aveda is my lip balm of choice. i buy a few sticks at a time to have one whenever i need it. they sell shimmery stuff too but it has a diff consistency than the regular lip saver. ill have to try out the chapstick brand for special occasions.
Post a Comment