Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sisters are Doin' it for THEMSELVES!

Ello Baykahs-
Here we are in another Sunday. Believe it or not THIS week was faster than ALL OF THEM. It was one of those weeks where it was Monday...then I was waking up on Saturday morning SURE it must be Sunday....which leads to the inevitable PANIC of "NO, KARI. IT IS SATURDAY, AND YOU NEED TO GET UP AND WORK YOUR A$$ OFF."

The bright side to all of this CRAZY BUSYNESS?? Summer break is almost over, and the kids get their LIVES back! Yeah...let's talk about my kids. The number ONE asked question of the month of May is "What are you doing with the kids all summer in the bakery?"

THEY'LL BE IN THE BAKERY.

That's the answer when you run your own business. LUCKILY, Abbi is 15 (ALMOST 16), and can stay home with Lucy for most of the mornings...AND there is $1 movie day on Wednesdays that they've been enjoying...but they have been "trapped" at the bakery like most every summer. But...this summer has been slightly different. Our daughters have started their own businesses!!

Out of pure boredom and watching COUNTLESS YouTube tutorials STICKY FINGERS duct tape wallets and FUNGIRL ACCESSORIES (no website for Lucy's biz...a little too young for that) were born.

Abbi has created a pretty successful duct tape wallet business (sold exclusively at RETRO BAKERY) that has ignited the entrepreneurial spirit naturally in her BLOOD. She has inspired Lucy to create a loom key chain and accessories business...because the little sister MUST be exactly like the big sister...especially the Haskell sisters. They are two peas in a pod. They are the best of friends. They are ying and yang.

How did I get so lucky??? Even I don't know...they just love each other...barely fight...and spend EVERY MINUTE TOGETHER. My girls are so close that we spent all this money getting a new house, so they could have bigger bedrooms, and guess what happened? They share a bedroom....because they WANT to.

KEEP IN MIND THEY ARE ALMOST SEVEN YEARS APART!



I know exactly how lucky I am...and I hope it keeps up...so far so good...so adorable.

Speaking of adorable: HERE ARE THE CAKES/CUPCAKES O' THE WEEK!

Bow tie and Blocks cake:
with cute matching cupcakes:




The Lorax-inspired birthday cake:

Crazy for Daisies birthday cake:


Ready to Pop buttercream baby shower cake:

Edible golf balls cupcakes:

and the BIG DADDY OF THE WEEK! The dragon birthday cake!!!!!

The summer is almost over...so, I'm gonna enjoy every second I can with my girls. Even though the bakery still rules our lives, it kinda makes the time we have together THAT much more important...and necessary.

Laytah

1 comment:

Unknown said...



This looks seriously fantastic! I would feel great eating this!
Restaurant In Satya Niketan