Sunday, December 8, 2013

I'll be Home for Christmas...if Only in My Dreams

Ello Baykahs!

We're HOOOOOMMMME! I'm fresh from vacation to the happiest place on earth. Just look how relaxed we were....

We just love it there. It truly is magical at Disneyland. It has the power to make me RELAX....and then of course I come home and go back to WORK.
The vacation haze lasted until about Thursday...and then the old Baykah was back. I was tired...irritable...and counting the days until my next vacation during Christmas.

The bottom line is that I need to learn how to brush things off....let them just slide off my back (LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN). But, it's true. I have no ability to LET IT GO (whatever IT is). I will hold on to whatever it is FOREVER....until vacation...and then after I come back to work something else will inevitably take the place of whatever it was I was holding on to.

So, maybe my NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION is to LET THINGS GO. QUIT HOLDING ON TO THINGS I CAN'T CHANGE and FOCUS ON WHAT I CAN CHANGE.

Who knows...maybe I'll be able to hold on to the spirit of Disneyland a little longer....

NOW, let's see what Brian and Kim were working on this week. HERE ARE THE CAKES/CUPCAKES O' the WEEK!


The EXTRA EXTRA large cupcake rosette cake (sculpted cake with buttercream accents):

The Happy Holidays snowflake cake (buttercream with fondant snowflakes):

Fondant snowflake cupcakes (requested in purple and silver with words of praise on each one):

And the BIG DADDY OF THE WEEK:
The Sophia the First-inspired dress cake (toys provided by the customer):

OH YEAH! There was a SECOND Big Daddy cake this week!
Brian got to create a house cake for the opening of the CenturyLink store in N Las Vegas:


I AM going to stop holding on to the NEGATIVE. I really need to let go and be THANKFUL for what I have, and that the stress that I am so caught up in is a GOOD THING. It means we're busy...it means people enjoy what we produce. It MEANS we can go to Disneyland again...hopefully SOON.

Laytah

1 comment:

Alices Wonderland said...

Love the fondant snowflake cupcakes. Much better than answering phones in a call center right?? Or heaven help those sales people in the mall's this season!